[hpsdr] observation: PowerSDR T/R TUNE == no delay

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 10:30:50 PDT 2010

Ken:

Is your relay arranged such that the transmitter is connected directly
to the receiver?

Usually it switches the antenna between the transmitter and receiver,
and cannot
connect to both at the same time, or ever connect the transmitter to the
receiver.

The isolation through most relays is not enough to prevent from overloading
the receiver A->D during transmit.  Overloading it does not damage it,
(provided that
you are not putting more than +7 dBm into the preamp), it just drives it
non-linear
for the duration.

PowerSDR ignores the overload message from the A->D during transmit, and
what you are most likely seeing is the latency in USB communications
allowing the
last overload message(s) from during transmit to be seen by the receive
function in PowerSDR,
which does display the message.

In other words, probably not a real problem.

--- Graham / KE9H

==