[hpsdr] Quick Startup Guide, Net Framework and Magister USB Driver

david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 03:29:05 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Firstly many thanks to everyone who gave me advice on net framework. It appears that the advice in the Quick Startup Guide is horribly out of date. The consensus seems to be that Net Framework 1.1 is allready included in Vista and win7 and that Net Framework 2 hasd been superceeded several times and is now at version 3.5sp1! Apparently this is also included in Win7 and possibly Vista. So thats sorted.

The more intractible prioblem is with USB driver for Magister under Vista 32 and the fact that there seems to be no detailed info sheets on Magister so you dont know what jumpers to set or what the LEDs should be doing.

Magister refuses to recognise the Ozy driver in USBIO Folder and Device Manager reports the Vendor as 0x067B and the Product ID as 0x2303 completely different to Ozy ident. I have jumped through hoops for hours trying to get Magister to talk to PowerSDR and am now completely fed up with a Quickj start guide which is anything but due to the fact that it is so out of date.

I can't even determin if the Magister board is falty due to thge lack of detailed information.

Hope someone can sort this out as I am going bald pulling out my hair. As you can probably gather I am a hardware man and a little long in the tooth to get too involved with the finer points of the software.

73,

Dave.