[hpsdr] Thank you OpenHPSDR for PSK31 fun

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Apr 15 08:08:32 PDT 2010

Hi, I am not sure who to thank. Please pass this along to whomever
is deserving of praise for fun with Penelope and BPSK31 this morning.

I finally got the VAC figured out and then CAT with two fake
serial ports using com0com and MixW for digi modes. Everything
works as expected on WinXP/Pro/SP3.

Then I hooked up my KK7UQ IMD meter and it shows me an PSK31 IMD
of -34db !! that is simply as good as it gets. That is the best
performance of any rig I have ever owned. My Kenwood TS480SAT does
about -26db on a good day :-) but I have never seen such a clean
PSK signal on my monitor.

Thank you Bill, Phil, and the OpenHPSDR team for such a great
experimental rig.

73 de Ken N9VV