[hpsdr] Lack of Software Talent (Was Books on SDR)

Gordon & Lois Duff glduff at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 30 15:09:05 PDT 2010

As someone who has tried to make a contribution to the KISS project, I have
a few of opinions.

1.  The HPSDR community, as members of this mailing list, is relatively
small and highly fragmented.   Some are interested in operating, some in
hardware, some is software (Windows, Ubuntu, Mac, IPhone).

2.  For a while I made contributions to my branch of KISS.  I felt I could
contribute to the human interface and add some things of interest to the SWL
community.  I got feedback from 3 or 4 people at one point, but only one
person "thought I was on the right track"; this was disappointing.   I now
assume that what I tried to contribute was not of interest to the group or
the group prefers to see a polished product and then request enhancements.

3. Money is never going to be sufficient to attract talent.  It is the
challenge that attracts talent.

Gordon, KA2NLM