[hpsdr] Still no joy getting ghpsdr to run on Ubuntu...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Thu Apr 8 17:07:11 PDT 2010

Here's the first few lines of the ghpsdr.log (it's really big so I just
grabbed this portion).  Note there are also some "ep6_ep2" read failures
further down the log but not shown here.  Also, Ken, N9VV suggested
running the lsusb -v command so I'll add its results below also.  I
notice that for the OZY deveice, the number of endpoints is 0 which I'm
guessing is bad.

Thanks,

Pete

/home/pthompson/sdr/ghpsdr/bin
ghpsdr Version 0.3
setup_system_audio: sdr-2143-0
setup_system_audio: sdr-2143-1
setup_system_audio: sdr-2143-2
libusb_get_ozy_firmware failed: -7
Failed to get Ozy Firmware Version - Have you run initozy yet?
exec initozy
HPSDR_UploadFirmware: Processed 742 lines.
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
ResetCPU(true).......returns 1
UploadFirmware('ozyfw-sdr1k.hex')......returns 742
ResetCPU(false).......returns 1
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
120049 bytes transferred.
LoadFPGA succeeded!
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
 ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 2
I2C Bytes written = 2
wait status=0
Ozy FX2 version: 20090524
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes

lsusb -v output (while hpsdr was powered up and usb i/o was failing):
can't get hub descriptor: Operation not permitted
cannot read device status, Operation not permitted (1)

Bus 001 Device 003: ID fffe:0007
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
  bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0xfffe
  idProduct          0x0007
  bcdDevice            1.01
  iManufacturer           1 Free Software Folks
  iProduct                2 HPSDR OZY Rev 1
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           18
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              3 Command & Status
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
  bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  bNumConfigurations      1
Device Status:     0x0001
  Self Powered

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceClass            9 Hub
  bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
  bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
  idProduct          0x0001 1.1 root hub
  bcdDevice            2.06
  iManufacturer           3
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 1
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           25
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xe0
      Self Powered
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower                0mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         9 Hub
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5