[hpsdr] multiple Rx in Mercury

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Apr 13 18:28:58 PDT 2010

> I know there was discussion many months ago about implementing
> multiple receivers in Mercury.  Now that I actually have one to
> experiment with, I'm wondering where any such efforts stand.  I'm
> interested in experimenting with the FPGA code myself, but if anyone
> has an implementation to use or build on, all the better.
>
> For my personal desires, I would be content ending up the same overall
> sample rate between Mercury and PC (192k/96k/48k), but I would like to
> be able to interleave different channels (e.g., 8 channels of 12ks/s
> I/Q rather than one 96ks/s) if there is room.
>
> --bruce W1BW

Hi Bruce,

There is an experimental version of Mercury FPGA code that I think has 3
receivers available.  I recall there is a bug in the code that John Melton
was looking at - not sure what the current status is.

The current USB protocol and Ozy FPGA code will support multiple receivers.

If you would like a copy of the code please drop me a PM.

Don't see any reason why your idea of interleaved channels would not work
- have a look in \Documentation for the latest USB protocol so you can see
how multiple receivers is currently implemented.

73's Phil...VK6APH