[hpsdr] Net Framework 1&2 with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 01:40:01 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Many thanks to all whop responded to my pevious request for help with this issue. I have tried the various sugestions andam still getting nowhere.

The two operating systems in question are:- Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit running on a Dual Core Laptop and Windows 7 64 Bit running on a 2.4 GHz Tower System.

I notice that Microsoft, on their website, do not list either Vista or Windows 7 as being suitable to run either of the Net Framework programs in their list of operating system requirements.

Results to date are:- Laptop (Vista Home Basic) Net Framework 1.1 installed but with error message saying it may not work due to known compatability issues with Vista Op Sys. Net framework 2 refused to install at all giving error message "Not compatible with Vista".

Tower System (Windows 7 64 Bit) Net Framework 1.1 installed with error message saying it may not work properly due to,"Known compatability problems with IIS services on this platform". Net framework 2 (64 Bit version) refused to install due to incompatability with VISTA op sys in spite of the fact that I am running Windows 7 and not Vista!!!

I am beggining to think that Microsoft Support Sites are different in the US as op[posed to Europe. as I seem to be getting very different results compared with most of you.

I now have a FURTHER PROBLEM in that Vista on the Laptop refuses to accept that USBIO is the correct USB driver for Magister even when pointed to it!

I realy think I am going to have to go back to XP!!!!!

73,

Dave MW0AYM.