[hpsdr] help

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Apr 18 11:17:06 PDT 2010

Hi Stan,

Had this setup ever worked or it has stopped
working after a software change?   What version
of PowerSDR (what's the data in the
titlebar).  Have you upgraded the programming on Mercury?

If this is a fresh Mercury from TAPR it's most
likely the issue is the  firmwawre on  Mercury
needs to be updated. (things have evolved since
the manufacturing run).  How to do that is called
out in the README.txt file in
svn://64.245.179.219/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/USBBlaster-Binaries

If that's not the issue, then further debugging
is needed.  First thing I'd try would be to power
off Ozy/Merc and then power it back on.    Open a
command prompt and cd to the directory with
PowerSDR.  Then run initozy11.bat > rlog.txt
2>&1   Once that completes take a look at
rlog.txt .. the top of it should show something like:

E:\wjtsrc\hpsdr-repos-eclispe341\PennyMerge-newSVN\bin\Release>loadFW
0xfffe 0x0007 ozyfw-sdr1k.hex
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 1
ResetCPU(true).......returns 1
UploadFirmware('\ozyfw-sdr1k.hex\')......returns 742
ResetCPU(false).......returns 1
HPSDR_UploadFirmware: Processed 742 lines.

E:\wjtsrc\hpsdr-repos-eclispe341\PennyMerge-newSVN\bin\Release>msecsleep 3000

E:\wjtsrc\hpsdr-repos-eclispe341\PennyMerge-newSVN\bin\Release>loadFPGA
0xfffe 0x0007 Ozy_Janus.rbf
usb_find_busses returned: 1
usb_find_devices returned: 1
120049 bytes transferred.
LoadFPGA succeeded!

Beyond that you'll get a bunch of "Write to I2C
Failed" mesages -- you can ignore them   -
they're trying to init the code on Janus and Penelope which you do not have.

Hope some of this helps .. if not come on back and we'll try again.

Cheers

Bill (kd5tfd)