[hpsdr] I/Q recording with "FLAC" compression

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:21:39 PDT 2010

Mostly is the programmer uses the "right" library for reading/writing
the audio files then the library allows almost any audio format to be
supported and for the most part the programmer does not need to know
anything about which audio file type is being used.  What I'm saying
is that you can support FLAC without needing to know much about FLAC.

It does more then just save disk space, It reduced the amont id
reading and writing to/from the disk which means you can use a lower
performance disk drive or a less powerful computer because yo are
moving only half as much data.

Yes fixing WinRad seems a lot smarter than using Audacity to compress
the data after the fact.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Ken N9VV

--
=====
Chris Albertson