[hpsdr] The door is open for any new-guy questions

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 28 18:59:59 PDT 2010

John James wrote:
> My question where is the documentation of what is in the various FGPA's. I found the code but where are the interface specifications and design of the various boards documented?  What is done in the FGPA and what is done in the PC?

John:

About a year ago, Kirk Weedman ran a Verilog programming school with
about fifteen
lectures on Verilog, the last few of which were code walk throughs of
the Mercury FPGA.

http://verilog.openhpsdr.org/

If you already have some knowledge of Verilog, you can skip the
tutorials and go straight
to the sections on the mercury blocks and the CORDIC.

The Mercury block diagram is covered in

MercuryReceiver12_18_2009.ppt

(towards the bottom,) although the video of the
lecture on this section was pulled for revision.

The CORDIC lecture is still posted.

The actual code has evolved through several new releases since those
lectures, particularly
with respect to the board to board communications protocol, but Kirk
talks about
what he was doing and planning to do in that area.  You need to read the
code for
the details of the current implementation.

At the block level, things are still partitioned the same.

--- Graham / KE9H

==