[hpsdr] 4 online receivers for anyone to enjoy

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Apr 29 08:26:27 PDT 2010

Hello dear Mauno, the receivers belong to private individuals like
yourself. Sometimes they use the Rx/Tx for themselves on Ham
Radio, other times they are experimenting or tuning around MW/SWL
and enjoying their Mercury Rx :-)

may times you will find that you have to wait for the first in
line to finish, or for the Rx to come on line later in the day.
The current software allows only one user at a time. John Melton
is working on new software that will increase the number of
simultaneous users (watch for that surprise)  :-)

The Mercury receivers cover from about 15Khz to 60Mhz depending on
the local antenna used. My Dipole only does a good job from about
500Khz through 54Mhz.

Please try again if you find one of them is busy or turned off.
They will come back in a little while :-)

o.k.?
Ken

On 4/29/2010 9:12 AM, Mauno Ritola wrote:
> Hi Ken,
> are all these for ham bands only? What is needed for tuning? I tried the
> Haifa link, but it doesn't open at all?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mauno
> Finland
>
> 29.4.2010 16:46, Ken N9VV kirjoitti:
>>
>> Hi Ed, you are *most welcome*. You are invited to ask any question
>> anytime it comes to your mind. We (I) will do our best to find the
>> answers and documentation if it exists :-)
>>
>> It took me almost 6 weeks of asking and probing and digging to get my
>> Mercury Rx online using the Melton code. I hope you will point your
>> favorite browser to one of these 4 online receivers:
>>
>> Jeff Kelly KT2K
>> Sea Girt, NJ
>> [1] http://kt2k.ham-radio-op.net/
>>
>> Below is an announcement from Chris in
>> Haifa Israel 4X1RF that his Mercury is now online:
>> [2] http://4x1rf.no-ip.org
>>
>> John Melton is in the UK:
>> [3] http://g0orx.homelinux.net/jmonitor.html
>>
>> Ken N9VV in Chicago, IL USA: