[hpsdr] Penelope Firmware Upgrade: "Programming hardware cable not detected"

Jack Speer speerj at buck.com
Thu Aug 5 12:51:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

   I have a Penelope board purchased from a gentleman in Germany on
eBay.  I'm having trouble programming it.  After picking "B.  Program
using Penelope_v1.2" (which I assume is right?) I get the message
"Error:  Programming hardware cable not detected"

   I've tried this with Quartus 9.1sp2 and Quartus 10.0.

   One possibility, the HPDSRWiki instructions refer to placing a
jumper on JP7 on Penelope, but there are no jumper markings on my
board.  From a fuzzy photo of another Penelope my best guess is JP7
was at the lower left corner of the FPGA, is that correct?

Thanks,

Jack, N1BIC