[hpsdr] [dttsp-linux] Step1....

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:57:46 PDT 2010

David

I am sending this to both lists as the question has been posted on both
lists.

As Phil says we are in early days yet.

First the easy question the code produced by most HPSDR programmers is
GPL2

We currently have several approaches to the problem based on the
platform.

Windows

PowerSDR using DttSP without jack.
Kiss Konsole using SharpDSP without jack
ghpsdr3 (server/client 4 receivers) using DttSP without jack

Mac

ghpsdr using DttSP without jack
MacHPSDR using MacOS DSP and drivers

Linux

ghpsdr with DttSP without jack
ghpsdr3 with (server/client 4 receivers) using DttSP without jack

We are just now working out a future approach but it like like we will
start at ghpsdr3 communication protocol.  you can fine documents
describing this protocol at:

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=ATHENA

http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ghpsdr3

Early we had problems with uses being able to setup jack so we moved
away from jack in the main stream.  It would be easy to put a tap for
jack into the system.

Dave, KV0S