[hpsdr] PennyWSPR - VE3MM

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 22 04:24:42 PDT 2010

I am now qrv with Bill KD5TFD's PennyWSPR code on 30m.

Running Penny barefoot and getting spots in JA, VK and ZL. I would
have been on the air yesterday, but didn't realize that an antenna
switch was in the wrong position.  It helps to connect an antenna to
the system.

With Bill's direction,  I was able to modify the FPGA code to transmit
only on 30m.

In addition, as I don't have a JTAG programmer, I converted the FPGA
code .sof file to a .jic file in order to use Ozy blaster to program
Penny with the WSPR code. I can help with the details on this if
anyone needs it.  I used Quartis 8.1 for modifying and converting the
code.

Thanks Bill for writing and sharing the code for this.

I intend to try simultaneous multiband WSPR next.

73

Rick ve3mm