[hpsdr] HPSDR software direction

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Wed Aug 4 17:30:03 PDT 2010

It seems like there are lots of interesting ideas out there and lots of
opportunities to go in one direction or another.  I'll certainly take a
look at the Athena project - not sure how I missed the existence of this
- any reason why it does not have its own tab on the main hpsdr web site
with a link to the Wiki? (assuming I didn't miss it!).

Some other thoughts:

Is anyone up to speed on the recent developments on the Dttsp group?  I
must admit I haven't kept up to date with emails from that side of
things but I assume there is some overlap with developments there and
hpsdr - anyone have updates on applicability to hpsdr?

Also, can anyone comment on the effort initiated by Frank, AB2KT with
respect to his Erlang-based ideas which I think may be the basis of
Flex's Deep Impact?  IIRC, Frank's ideas capture a lot of the
requirements being bandied about here and would support many of the
advanced concepts while refraining from enforcing any particular
language or OS for the various components.  I believe one of it's
attractive features was the relative simplicity of distributing the
component pieces across one or more computers (and OSs and languages)
courtesy of a relatively small amount of Erlang 'glue.'

Pete, N3EVL