[hpsdr] Hermes

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Aug 5 01:08:51 PDT 2010

> A possible downside I need to ask about:  For laptops that don't
> have gigabit ethernet (or 10GB as someone mentioned as a possibility
> for the future), will the Hermes interface be able throttle back to
> 100MB or 10MB ethernet?  I'm not familiar enough with ethernet
> protocol to know, but all fast interfaces I've seen/read about seem
> to have that ability and seem to autoconfigure.
>
> --

Hi Curt,

Yes, OzyII will automatically detect the network speed and select it,
except that I had not planned to implement 10MB. You will also be able to
set a jumper and force a particular speed.

I have 100T and 1000T code working but need to implement the automatic
speed switching.

73's Phil....VK6APH