[hpsdr] Hermes

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Aug 5 01:10:40 PDT 2010

Oh, I know that I can engineer around the single port on my laptop.  I'm fully aware that I can throw USB or card-based ethernet interfaces.  I also have wireless on the laptop and can use that to connect to places.  But, if there's only an ethernet port somewhere, I still have to connect a wireless hub to use it.  At that point there's an extra box with extra power, and I might as well bring a portable ethernet switch.

I'm not saying it's a huge problem, and maybe it's one that's not a big deal for most people's usage cases.  I just wanted to bring it up as a point of consideration.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com