[hpsdr] HPSDR software direction

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Thu Aug 5 01:40:07 PDT 2010

My two cents.

 My idea crossing with hardware. It's all about I guess why make all things on one Beagleboard (or whatever else). I think it's possible split functions. Run DSP functions on most powerfull board, but GUI or PC (or other) interface put on other. If You want just minimun GUI with monohrome LCD, there is enough to use some kind of PIC. That's like in soft, server and client. I guess it's will make easier soft management.
 Other thing came from QS1R list. One guy from that list made simply synchronize between his QS1R and IC-718. He is using IC as transmitter, because of it lack at that project. In my situation, it's became important. Because lack of funds, crisis f...k :-/, I don't see big possibility to buy other boards at near future. But I have Mercury and Ozy. I'd want organize same at my shack. Use my IC-761 as RF Preselector and TX. Because after I listened bands on Mercury I don't want do it on my IC anymore :-)  It shouldn't be very hard, but it's beyond my skills. In all cases it should be very usefull addition to HPSDR. May I loose something, and it's explained anywhere? Then point
me, please ;-)

     73!                                                                                                     Aivars.