[hpsdr] Hermes design thoughts - local processor - the Hawkboard

Steven B. Dick sbdick at optonline.net
Fri Aug 6 06:47:23 PDT 2010

One more thought.  I came across an interesting development board called the
Hawkboard. See  http://www.innovatesolutions.net/products/hawkboard

This little beauty cost $94.00.  Has a USB and 10/100 Ethernet interface and
VGA interface, SATA inteface, a OMAP L 138 Application Processor (>300MHz
-ARM 926 & 300MHz C674X floating point DSP, and small form factor
-90mmX100mm. It has a large user community as well.  This could satisfy my
"self-contained" idea at relatively low cost.

Regards,
Steve, K1RF