[hpsdr] Penelope Firmware Upgrade: "Programming hardware cable not detected"

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Aug 10 19:28:01 PDT 2010

> I think the "first time you upgrade" is a little misleading.  I believe
> you need to run usbblaster.bat every time you intend to do programming.
> It loads the necessary FX2 firmware.

The *.bat files load usb_blaster.rbf so its not necessary to run
usbblaster.bat more than once. The first time is to find and load the
Altera USB Blaster USB drivers. Once that is done the PC will
automatically find the right drivers each time the FX2 is configured to
look like a USB Blaster.

73's Phil...VK6APH