[hpsdr] Versioning Machpsdr and Auto firmware update for MacHPSDR

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:49:02 PDT 2010

With attachments for every part of the e-mail body it's difficult
for me to respond to what you wrote.  I had to go into the
attachment to snag the text, then go out of it, then hit respond,
then copy the text into VI.  Perhaps set your e-mail package to only
send ASCII text to lists?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, John James wrote:

> You seem to change your version number very rarely. I suggest you
> revise it so that the current number 0.1.0.013 would be 0.1.13.N.
> Each of your recent updates would have a new N value. When you are
> ready for a new release you would change the 13 to a 14.

Here's the definitive guide to software version numbers for
open-source:

   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Release-Practice-HOWTO/index.html

--we7u