[hpsdr] Help needed re. integrating an SDR1000 PA

Paul Fletcher paul_fletcher at me.com
Wed Dec 8 09:28:58 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm gearing up to integrate a PA from a retired FLEX SDR1000 and have a
question about the SWR bridge that it contains. I'm fine with integrating
the LPF, T/R switch and bias control and wondered if there is a way to
utilise the forward and reverse power readings.

I am using a PIC microcontroller to handle a few things, like T/R sequencing
and some band decoding to switch the relevant LPF and BPF into circuit, so I
already have something that can read the forward and reverse power
measurement from the A/D on the PA. The question is how do I get that
information back into PowerSDR? Clearly is a connector on Penny for this but
what range is it expecting and does PowerSDR use it?

Any help / advice welcome.

Regards,
Paul M1PAF