[hpsdr] MOX bit in C0 for Penelope

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Thu Dec 23 06:25:59 PST 2010

Hi all

I am using John Melton's server.exe from his ghpsdr3 project to
construct my own DSP-Software. During my journey through the filtering,
I realized, that I can easily feed a time signal into the (USB/LSB) FIRs
that I already have programmed for the reception (Mercury). By the way:
I am using server.exe only with ONE receiver...

So, I feed my samples for TX through a modified server.exe to Penelope.
I can vary the output power of Penelope as expected by changing the
level of the I and Q-Samples. That is all fine. Test reception on a
separate RX shows perfect signals as expected. But to avoid TX, I have
to send zero samples to penelope.

But I want to switch on and off the TX by using the MOX-bit (1) of
Control C0. Unfortunately, I don't see an effect. The TX runs as soon as
I/Q-samples are fed irrespective of the MOX-bit.

Can anyone tell, why the MOX-bit does not switch TX-Power on and off, as
expected?

Thanks in advance