[hpsdr] Morse transcription project

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:25:33 PST 2010

I suspected people were working on this.   I've actually got bigger
plans to pick other modes off the air too.  More than just having
working software I'd like a platform where people can experiment with
different techniques

Why not do the work entirely in the frequency domain?    My theory for
doing this was that when an operator presses his key down he is in
effect creating a bit of a spike in the spectra of the band.  I did
not see much reason for ever taking the signals down to base band

One interesting bit of code to look at is the audio driver for WWV in
the NTPd server.  As you know, WWV has some "beeps" that you can hear
and this is the most recognizable part of their signal, but under
those beeps is binary data encoded in BCD that has the current time.
The software is pretty good and can decode the BCD data even if the
reception is so poor you can't hear the 1khz "beeps" by ear.

I'll look at the page below, can't say anything meaningful until after that
http://people.wallawalla.edu/~Rob.Frohne/CW-Robot/

--
=====
Chris Albertson