[hpsdr] An idea for a project

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon Dec 27 11:35:19 PST 2010

Personally, I'm more than content with my PC based SDR implementations
and rejoice in the flexibility offered by that platform in conjunction
with mouse, keyboard and large display screen (items that are on and
likely to remain on my desk for some time).  Perhaps this puts me ad
odds with "the vast majority of hams" but so be it.

Now, if you can propose and design a compact system as suggested, that
retains all of that flexibility then you may have a convert whether such
a system be built from Micro Controllers, Beagle Boards, or recycled
Cadbury's biscuit tins, I care not: with respect to hardware and
software platforms, I am agnostic. However, such conversion would be
better served by presenting the _technical_ merits of such a solution
rather than pointing out the authors' perceived deficiencies in PCs,
Microsoft, et al.

Pete, N3EVL