[hpsdr] svn server IP changed

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Dec 30 14:48:06 PST 2010

On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Dale Boresz wrote:

> The IP address of the svn server has changed. Unfortunately, I was not made aware that this was to occur, and only found out when my own code could not be committed to the repository.
>
> The new IP address is: 184.81.170.126

And I again ask the dangerous question:  why isn't this in DNS as something like svn.openhpsdr.org?  This way it's changed once in DNS and we don't have to change it on a bunch of wiki pages and a bunch of user clients?  This is exactly one of the situations for which DNS was created.  It's only been around since like 1983.

> Very sorry for the inconvenience, and complete lack of advance notification.

These things happen.  It just seems like this happens semi-yearly, and a simple A record would solve a lot of the issues.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com