[hpsdr] Another Newb joins..

Iain Haywood virtualmckoy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 7 07:56:01 PST 2010

Hi,
Firstly a small intro. My call is G4SGX, recently re-activated my call after 25 years absence.
What changes..! I have found the SDR particularly fascinating.
I'm VERY keen to get invloved and find this all very exciting.
I'm hanging out for a Hermes before I start and cant wait.. (drims fingers!)

My skills/experience..

Mostly PIC assembler code, serial interface data parsing and control, some simple protocol implementation in assembler/C, radio-modem interfacing via RS232 compliant assembler.
Took a few designs for customers as far as prototype
C++ experience in Gui's and again low level code writing for interfaces mostly.

I'm very keen to get started coding interference filters because I see this as a future BIG befifit to SDR's over analogue,so I assume Visual Studio and KISS is a start? (I'm used to Borland)
Unfortunately I have no experience (YET) in DSP, it sort of became into its own during my absence but Im a quick learner!

Can anyone show me the way to proceed in terms of needed code or HPSDR DSP code writing? ie what open source libraries used , whats software badly needed...

I found the Teamspeak's really interesting, finally people talking my language!

73's.

Iain