[hpsdr] Intel IPP

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:10:53 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Alberto I2PHD <i2phd at weaksignals.com> wrote:

> that the Intel IPP library, while normally needing a fee for commercial use, could be freely used by radioamateurs for their
> own private use, and / or for production of programs distributed as freeware.
>
> Is that correct ? Did I recall correctly ? Does anybody know if that statement from Intel is still valid ?

Intel does make IPP (Integrated Performance Primitives) available for
free on Linux platforms *for non-commercial usage*, which individual
developers of an Open and Free project such as HPSDR normally
qualifies. Their definition of non-commercial is specific, so anyone
using it should read the non-commercial Software FAQ from Intel.

<http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/>
<http://www3.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219692.htm>

There are a number of redistributable files that are freely
redistributable to end-users. The files are specified in
"ippredist.txt".
<http://software.intel.com/sites/products/collateral/hpc/ipp/ipp_faq.pdf>

So for Linux developers that should be straight forward. It is not so
clear for MS Windows platforms.

-Michael Taylor, VE3TIX