[hpsdr] Intel IPP

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 21:04:33 PST 2010

This is new and if so, IS A HUGE development.  Please let me read this
carefully before I comment. I REALLY hope you have this right.

Bob

On 2/1/2010 3:10 PM, michael taylor wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Alberto I2PHD<i2phd at weaksignals.com>  wrote:
>>
>> that the Intel IPP library, while normally needing a fee for commercial use, could be freely used by radioamateurs for their
>> own private use, and / or for production of programs distributed as freeware.
>>
>> Is that correct ? Did I recall correctly ? Does anybody know if that statement from Intel is still valid ?
>
> Intel does make IPP (Integrated Performance Primitives) available for
> free on Linux platforms *for non-commercial usage*, which individual
> developers of an Open and Free project such as HPSDR normally
> qualifies. Their definition of non-commercial is specific, so anyone
> using it should read the non-commercial Software FAQ from Intel.
>
> <http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/>
> <http://www3.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219692.htm>
>
> There are a number of redistributable files that are freely
> redistributable to end-users. The files are specified in
> "ippredist.txt".
> <http://software.intel.com/sites/products/collateral/hpc/ipp/ipp_faq.pdf>
>
> So for Linux developers that should be straight forward. It is not so
> clear for MS Windows platforms.
>
> -Michael Taylor, VE3TIX

(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"the only people for me are the mad ones,
  the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
  mad to be saved, desirous of everything at
  the same time, the ones who never yawn or
  say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn
  like fabulous yellow roman candles" Kerouac
Twitter:rwmcgwier
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn