[hpsdr] HPSDR CW ops please comment

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 23:12:14 PST 2010

I would like to echo John's comments below, but further add that in my
case, I cannot
really detect any latency at all (none while using the PowerSDR MON) on CW
and while
listening on my FT-1000, I could not detect any noticeable latency. I use
HPSDR as
my main rig on HF on SSB & CW and also on 70 cm & 23 cm EME as the  28 Mhz
IF.

I use the internal keyer as well as the W5SXD package, and I also have used
 an external
Logikey Model K-3 memory keyer, all with NO issues.

I have not tried CW with KK yet, but have tried full duplex on SSB and  it
looks as if given
the proper isolation, one can run true QSK as in the OLD days with an
electronic T/R switch.

BTW I am not running a "super" computer, just Athlon 2 Ghz dual core
processor and 2 Ghz
RAM. I think one of the contributing factors to a lot of folks issues is
the USB port performance.
Again, I can't back this up with statistics, just with usage.

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 2/7/2010 9:07:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,