[hpsdr] Final for cheap guys

Dave g4fre at g4fre.com
Thu Feb 11 12:43:26 PST 2010

Hi All

Based on a hint from K1RQG,  I use the PA module of a drake TR7 after my
Penny to give 100W. The LPF is the hf projects one. Inspired by Phil,
VK6APH's 100W HF amp writeup in Radcom a few years ago It also has an lcd
display and protection circuitry. Overall cost ~$300 AND I learnt a lot,
especially about PIC assembler and sensor chips

More details are at

http://g4fre.com/tr7pa.htm

I also built a 30W 6m amplifier to increase Penny's 200mW output

More details are at:-

http://g4fre.com/6mhpsdrpa.htm

Dave

ww2r

[hpsdr] Final for cheap guys   FRANCIS CARCIA

Hi All,
I paid $59 for a 3 stage 300 watt MRI amp. I had to change a dozen cap
values and add some turns to the output transformer and choke. The filter is
controlled with a shift register and relay drivers. I don't see that as a
big deal. A kit without a machined heat sink for that price is a bit out of
line in my book. frank