[hpsdr] [WTB] looking for used HPSDR equipment

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:59:44 PST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Ken N9VV wrote:

> I am looking for HPSDR boards. I would like to start with
> a Mercury + Ozy + Atlas + P/S so that I might run the John
> Melton Java server here in the US on my Dipole.
>
> Please drop me a note if you run across any surplus HPSDR
> boards or equipment.

As I understand it you can use an Ozy or a Magister board.  Later
on, an Ozy2 board (a gigabit ethernet card, not USB-2).

Also you can use an ATX power supply to power the system.  I don't
know if the +12V input LPU board gives you any more protection from
under/over voltage or high current, but it probably gives you lower
noise.  I'm going to start with an ATX power supply.  For that
matter I heard the Atlas was designed to fit in an ATX case, so I'll
try that too.  I've seen the TAPR case up close though, and it is
NICE!

I'm looking for an Ozy or a Magister board.  Yes, I know I can buy a
new assembled one from TAPR!  I'm trying to build just the A/D & D/A
portion of the HPSDR at present for use with a SoftRock, just to get
my feet wet.

I'm also looking for Atlas board connectors.  I have two bare Atlas
boards and an Atlas-like board with two slots, no connectors for any
of them.  I only require one working Atlas board:  If anyone wishes
to trade a bare board for six connectors, let me know.