[hpsdr] Counting pipes

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Feb 24 11:27:50 PST 2010

Dear Jim,

One counts pipes by 'enumerating' them.  Please look at my C# code in my
branch of KISS.  I do this.  Endpoints have a 'mailbox number'.  So EP2, EP4
and EP6 are correct.  And that's 3 endpoints.

Now I don't have the Intel book that you refer to.

Please see the C# code in WinUSBManaged.cs, in the WinUSBManaged project.
See the ConfigurePipes method.  Pipes have 'PipeID' values.  That's where
the EP2, 4 and 6 come from.  These values are defined in the firmware that
runs on the FX2 chip on the Ozy board.  Bill Tracey and Phil Harman can
probably help us understand the historical choices of the actual values.

EP4 is used to read the raw (Full) spectrum data from Mercury (via Ozy).
This represents NOT audio data but 0-55mhz spectral data.

EP6 is used to read the spectrum of interest from Mercury (via Ozy).
Process_Data (in KISS) then extracts the desired audio data and sends it
back out to Ozy, so it goes to Mercury, and then out to your speakers.  Two
types of data are sent OUT EP6: processed audio destined for Mercury, and TX
audio destined for Penelope.  'TX audio' also includes, by definition, the
CW waveform being sent.

Hope this helps! I'm sure that I have some of this wrong, but a fair bit is
from studying the code in KISS.

George K9TRV

database 4892 (20100224) __________

http://www.eset.com