[hpsdr] Magister

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Fri Jan 22 16:09:52 PST 2010

Hi Joe and others,

Sorry for the confusion.

You need to install shunts on the "SCL" and "SDA" headers at the top
of the board. They are labeled "I2C TO ATLAS". Two are required, and
they are installed horizontally, between pins 1 and 2 of each 2-pin header.

These connect the I2C bus from the FX2 to the Atlas bus so that the
FX2 can talk to the CODEC on Penelope or Janus.

In hindsight, we should have included them with the board. On Ozy,
these connections were made with 0-ohm resistors that were installed
at build time, so no jumpers were needed.

If you need these two jumpers for your Magister, please send and SASE
to the TAPR office and we will send you two.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI