[hpsdr] In the Spirit of experimenters

terryllong at gmail.com terryllong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:54:11 PDT 2010

Someone noted that HPSdr seemed to be very expensive esp when made and assembled by manufacturing firms - I'd have to concur that the price of going the HPSdr route is probably out of my reach in the foreseeable future.  Although I'd like to help support the efforts of the group, it's not likely I can, due to the cost of entry.

Can't help thinking that a group effort to design these boards and put together kits of parts with PCB's would be also serve the experimental nature of what this group professes.  How does this group determine what will be offered as a finished board and what will be offered as a kit via TAPR?  Is TAPR a non-profit or profit organization?

Are the schematics, PCB layout files, etc made available to the HAM community under the unique TAPR licenses?  I haven't seen them if they are?

73
Terry
N8AB