[hpsdr] Friends, what you are thinking about this idea?

Gediminas Kasparaitis kaunas69 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:24:57 PDT 2010

When I look at Mercury schematics ,at my problem,
 at the board  ,I'm thinking  to solder in some resistors in series
with L11 & L12...or instead of them, lets say 20ohm,
perhaps it would be better right at the input of LTC 2208,
and at the output of LTC 6400, ( 4 total)
just I don't want to cut tracks yet.

I  hope something similar might be enough to solve my problem.

At least on Linear site they have resistors  between LTC2208 and LTC6400.
I guess you have experimented with this....I mean something
what can easily fit into board and make that place more stable...

I want to modify something here even if I loose some  sensitivity,
I need more stability, because parasitic oscilation around that LTC2208
really  sometimes takes place,
on my board here is some kind  of  instability...
-----------
Other question would be about LTC2208IUP,
am I  not missing anything here( I mean compatibility)  ?
 This I'm not going to do yet. Not too sure  if do this  at all, just a
question.
Also what the best (safest to the rest of the board) way would be to remove
existing chip?

Here is another reason why I am thinking about this,-
my radio games are limited to mobile/ rover,and mightbe
I will never have again  shack and yagis, so  extra thermal
range looks  attractive to me, when I play from the car.

73,Gedas  nx2px.