[hpsdr] LPU internal 12V feedthrough connectors

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sun Jul 4 16:17:45 PDT 2010

Hi All,
I am building an HPSDR system consisting of:
- Atlas
- LPU
- Magister
- Mercury
- Penelope

Also in the Pandora enclosure, I have mounted a Codan 100 W PA, which has
low pass filtering on board.

I am intending to install and use the LPU internal Powerpole connectors to
power the PA, which has a supply specification of 13.8 V @ 18 A peak.

My question is: Should I assume the +13.8 V pass through PCB track is
adequate for the peak current required by the PA, or should I strap the +ve
(and maybe also the -ve) terminals with an additional conductor? I have
retained the breakoff strip for the Molex pins for the ATX connector.

All going well, to this stage.

Thanks,
Luke VK3HJ