[hpsdr] Polyphase filters

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Jul 6 17:57:46 PDT 2010

Hi Steve,

I also did a little Googling for Polyphase filters this week and found
enough information to be dangerous.

I was able to simulate a FIR decimating Polyphase filter using an Excel
spreadsheet and it seems to work just fine.

One thing that I have not been able to resolve is what you do if your
decimation value is greater than the number of taps in your FIR. Perhaps
one of our members can enlighten me,

BTW, the current maximum baseband bandwidth of 192kHz is not a restriction
of the hardware - a few changes to the Verilog code in Mercury would
enable a higher sampling rate.

For those interested in doing some Verilog development there is the
possibility of using a high speed LVDS connection between Mercury and Ozy
in order to run at a  sampling rate only limited by the performance of the
USB2 interface.

Using an LVDS interface would also free up logic gates currently used by
nWire with the potential of implementing more receivers.

.... and absolutely....too many projects!

73's Phil...VK6APH