[hpsdr] PowerSDR alternatives?

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Jul 7 12:36:27 PDT 2010

>> Dear HPSDR Users,
>> I am wondering if there exists alternate user software in addition to PowerSDR, which could be used with Penelope/Mercury/Ozy? Gnuradio maybe?

It also depends on what platform you're talking about.

Don't forget the new ghpsdr3 system that's been ported to Windows.

On Mac you have MacHPSDR and ghpsdr2.

On Linux you have ghpsdr2 and ghpsdr3.

On Windows WinRAD HD has recently been made to work with OpenHPSDR.  This is receive only IIRC.

As far as GNU Radio, nobody has yet written a driver for the OpenHPSDR hardware.  There's been some talk of it, but nobody has moved that talk into code.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com