[hpsdr] Potential New openHPSDR Project

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Fri Jul 9 20:16:28 PDT 2010

Hi Phil, et. al.,

One thing I would like you to think about is the long term availability
of the computer boards you propose to use.  Try and do it in such a way
that it will work with future generations of similar boards with no
modifications.  Back in 1998 I did a similar project
<http://people.wallawalla.edu/%7ERob.Frohne/R2_DSP/Motorola_DSP_Receiver.html>
that used very a cheap Motorola DSP56002EVM board.  It was great until
those evaluation boards weren't available anymore, which happened much
too quickly, and I couldn't afford to purchase new evaluation boards to
port my code to every time they changed.

73,

Rob, KL7NA