[hpsdr] Potential New openHPSDR Project

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Jul 11 05:09:15 PDT 2010

Hi Ed,

That looks like a good way to start -  read the USB data directly from Ozy
but I'm not sure if the BeagleBoard USB port will run at 480Mbps?

An alternative.... I see the BeagleBoard can be configured to have an I2S
interface in which case I can provide you with  I&Q data in that format,
together with the necessary  LRCLK, BCLK and MCLK via some pins on the Atlas
bus.  You would just need a Mercury board for this test, I can write you
some test code for Mercury that simulates a  fixed frequency carrier at the
antenna socket and fixes the receive frequency at say 1kHz away.  That will
give you an I2S signal with I&Q in it that can be used to replace the ADC
signals that the BeagleBrick can currently get from say a SoftRock.

If  you have a Janus board you could listen to the I & Q signals from
Mercury with that  just to confirm that all is working OK.

73's Phil....VK6APH