[hpsdr] Potential New openHPSDR Project

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 10 13:33:36 PDT 2010

Phil:

I am not sure I care which hardware board you select, provided that the
processor
family has a long life ahead of it, for the reasons many stated. More
important that there
be a free or low cost tool chain for programming/development. Any card
that requires
purchasing a USD $1000 or $ 2000 compiler and IDE from the manufacturer
is a bad idea.

Although having an ethernet interface would be a positive.

This seems to be a board that would pull the data straight off the atlas
bus.

I would like to request that the software be architected properly, so
that the processor
card could accept data via an interface layer, directly from the bus, as
well as,
by just substituting a different layer, accept the data via Ethernet
cable, or perhaps a serial
light fiber driver layer.

I like the idea of a dedicated processor card, but I would like the
option of
having it local on the Atlas bus, or remoted several hundred feet. Does
this require
a different host/interface board for each application, and still the
same computer board?

I still have not finished project managing the last "weekend" project
you got me
into in 2007, (also know as Alex), so I will not be available to join
this until after Alex
finally gets shipping from the factory.

:-)

--- Graham / KE9H