[hpsdr] TUNING KNOBS etc.

steve blackmore f5vjs at blackmore-marquis.org
Wed Jul 21 09:23:38 PDT 2010

Interesting.... The one reason I am not using my HPSDR is because I hate
having to use a PC screen and Mouse to drive it,  very high on my list of
priorities is to built some sort of front panel to allow me to use the rig
as a "proper" radio.

Don't know, maybe its an age thing, or the fact that I spend 7-8 hours a
day staring at my PC for work, so the last thing I want to do in the
evenings is look at another PC to "listen" to my radio.

Some interesting ideas mentioned so far for front panels, I have also been
thinking about interfaces that allow various buttons and rotary encoders
to imitate standard PC keyboards / mice as they can in theory be used with
all existing software.  something like these may be useful:

http://www.ultimarc.com/optipac1.html
http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html

73's

Steve