[hpsdr] Fan pins on HPSDR LPU

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 12:17:19 PDT 2010

Scotty

Did you mean U3 instead of U2?  My schematic shows U2 as the 5 V  regulator
and
U3 as the 12 V regulator?

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 6/15/2010 3:02:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scotty at tonks.com writes:

*****  High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

Hi  Jack,

J10 appears on the schematic just below F1 in the upper left  corner.

Here is a link to the production  schematic:
http://openhpsdr.org/support/LPU/lpu_B.pdf

In order to  get voltage  to the fan connector, you must short across
F1, which is  a DNI part (normally only used if you install the
optional 3.3V regulator  parts).

So just solder a resistor lead across F1 and you will have  power to your
fan.

The fan is supplied with your DC input voltage, so  it will be
somewhat higher that 12.0V (typically 13.8V).  If you need  12.0V
maximum, you will have to jumper J10 pin 2 over to U2 pin 2 (and
leave off the jumper across F1).  This will load your 12V regulator
with the fan current, so make sure you keep within the 2A maximum rating
of U2.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI

At 12:40 2010-06-15 -0400,  Jack Speer wrote:
>***** High Performance Software Defined Radio  Discussion List *****
>
>I want to install a 3 pin Artic Cooler  Pro TC, 92mm fan which has a
>temperature sensor on a cable into the  HPSDR Pandora  enclosure.
>
><http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/images/ARCTIC_F_Pro_TC_press_release
_Eng.pdf>http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/images/ARCTIC_F_Pro_TC_press_
release_Eng.pdf

>I have planned on using the LPU, 3 pin polarized  connector I placed
>on the LPU board per instructions (I don't see the  J10 pins on the
schematic).

>The pins do not appear to have any  voltage.  The fan requires 6-12 v to
run.

>Help  please.
>
>Jack,  N1BIC

HPSDR  Discussion List