[hpsdr] Fan pins on HPSDR LPU

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Jun 15 12:01:58 PDT 2010

Hi Jack,

J10 appears on the schematic just below F1 in the upper left corner.

Here is a link to the production schematic:
http://openhpsdr.org/support/LPU/lpu_B.pdf

In order to get voltage  to the fan connector, you must short across
F1, which is a DNI part (normally only used if you install the
optional 3.3V regulator parts).

So just solder a resistor lead across F1 and you will have power to your fan.

The fan is supplied with your DC input voltage, so it will be
somewhat higher that 12.0V (typically 13.8V).  If you need 12.0V
maximum, you will have to jumper J10 pin 2 over to U2 pin 2 (and
leave off the jumper across F1).  This will load your 12V regulator
with the fan current, so make sure you keep within the 2A maximum rating of U2.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI