[hpsdr] HERMES schedule question

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Jun 18 15:08:56 PDT 2010

Wow --  That sounds like a very ambitious project, Ray.  I'm interested in what you come up with.  Keep in mind that software-wise, things are going to be moving towards a Gigabit Ethernet network interface (See the Ozy II Project) because USB can't handle enough of what we're sampling at the antenna.  So, given that in this case your data is going to get packetized at some point in time, it might be just as easy to get a fiber->copper Gig-E converter.  I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, but just trying to let you know that the USB on Hermes is about to be eclipsed by Ozy II to a certain extent.