[hpsdr] HERMES schedule question

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Jun 18 18:55:19 PDT 2010

Hi Ray,

You are quite correct. The receiver board (Mercury) incorporates a Digital Down Converter that takes the 1.966Gbps ADC data at 16 bits per sample and reduces it to 48/96/192ksps at 24 bits per sample.  This slower data is passed over the Atlas bus to either an Ozy board (USB interface to the PC) or shortly an OzyII  board (Gigabit Ethernet).

Hermes does the same except the functions of Mercury and Ozy are combined on the one board.

73's Phil...VK6APH