[hpsdr] Multiple Rx instances on HPSDR

dave powis g4hup at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 21 13:04:01 PDT 2010

Thanks John,

At least this begins to answer my questions, although it also opens more up, of course!

From reading the HPSDR decsriptions, I was looking to try and use a Mercury Rx, with a Magister Interface on the
Atlas backplane.  But if I read your reply correctly, the 8Rx functionality is only in Ozy at the moment - and it seems that it is this that is the issue of capacity, rather than the Mercury board?  Is it planned to migrate this across to the Magister FPGA at some point?  I assume that the FPGA's are re-programmable with new firmware?

In my application, the segments monitored will remain fixed once the system is running, so upstream control requirements will be minimal.  My objective at the moment is to identify the architecture for the SDR and the PC that will provide the necessary Rx's

Thanks & 73,
Dave