[hpsdr] Multiple Rx instances on HPSDR

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:21:51 PDT 2010

Magister is an Ozy without the parallel port interface for controlling
an SDR-1000.  The Ozy code is the same for both Magister and Ozy.

The Mercury code is the limiting factor at the moment.  The FPGA in
Mercury is just about full with 3 receivers and needs some work to
squeeze the code down. The code in Ozy currently will support 8
receivers so is ready when Mercury will support it.  The number of
receivers is configured in the USB data sent to Ozy/Magister.

It is also possible to use multiple Mercury receivers.  I tested with
two cards and it is working.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt