[hpsdr] Getting started with Magister

Ron Ron at ki5oh.org
Sat Mar 6 07:21:33 PST 2010

Forgive the Newb questions...

I'm starting with a Core i7 CPU running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version.

I have the Magister plugged into the Atlas MB with an ATX power supply.  I have the USBIO downloaded from Flex-Radio and installed but when I plug the USB from Magister in to the computer the driver fails to load.  Pointing to libusb-flex-hpsdr.inf results in a error saying it is not compatible.

PowerSDR causes Blue Screen of Death now.

Any ideas or pointers would be a big help.  Do I need to back down on the computer to a lower performance XP machine to start?

Thanks,
Ron